1) Annual HVAC inspection: Have the heating system serviced. Change filters. Make repairs as needed; it prolongs the useful life and efficiency of the furnace.
2) Chimney inspection:
A simple chimney cleaning can prevent chimney fires and damage to your entire house. Inspect the chimney for loose or missing mortar; check the cap and repair as needed.
3) Termite Inspection: Termites are more active in spring and early summer. An inspection might find subterranean termites that come from the ground or flying termites. Termite repairs could be costly if neglected.
4) Power washing and sealing wood deck: Power wash and seal every one to three years, depending on the amount of moss and mold. If you let it go, your deck will warp, nails will pop out and the deck won't last as long.
5) Dryer vent cleaning: The purpose is to get rid of lint buildup. If you ignore it, the result could be a disastrous fire. Once the vent gets clogged, the dryer starts overheating and it can catch on fire.
6) Carpet cleaning: Have the carpets cleaned every 12 months or more often for high-traffic areas and homes with small children, pets or smokers. If the carpet looks dirty, you've waited too long because some soil can't be removed with vacuuming.
7) Siding and Paint: Look for cracks and holes in house siding or paint. Replace caulk and paint as necessary.